Most of us have mobile phones and we rely on mobile phone cameras rather than digital cameras. Most people buy a mobile phone instead of a camera. Wherever they go, they take pictures or videos from their smartphones.
Honestly, a simple Android phone can take amazing pictures and videos. Mostly in the Android devices, we see an error, “can’t connect to camera”. This error can occur in many other devices as well. It is really annoying; one cannot capture photos or videos. Therefore, people start hating their phones.
There’s good news for you; this error can be easily solved so you don’t have to worry about it. In this article, we will be going to share everything related to this error, including the reasons behind the error, and how to fix it.
First of all, we will start with the reasons that cause this error. Let’s start with the reasons behind the error.
Reasons Behind the error
There may be many reasons due to which this error occurs. However, some common reasons behind the error include:
This error may occur because of the corrupt files on your mobile phone/tablet, or because of any other kind of software issue.
It may occur if your mobile phone/tablet is damaged or broken. Moreover, it may also occur if your device has any other internal hardware issue.
Third-Party Apps Permission
Most of the time, we give permission to unauthorized apps that we download directly from Google instead of the play store. Most of the time, permitting such apps creates software issues later which may lead to this issue.
Low RAM or Low Storage
This error may also occur if your Android mobile phone or tablet does not have enough RAM. It can also occur because of the low storage.
If your mobile phone or tablet is not updated, this may generate issues. Therefore, it is recommended to update your device if it is outdated. By doing so, you may solve the issue.
This error may also occur if you are using a third-party app to capture pictures. If that app is not compatible with your device, you may see the error “cannot connect to the Camera” on your Android mobile phone or tablet.
Ways to Fix Can’t Connect to Camera Error
This error can be easily solved if your device has any other issue except software and hardware issue. However, still you should try all the methods, and maybe any one of these methods will resolve the issue.
Let’s get started
Solution 1: Restart your device
The first and the most common method for resolving the error is to restart your device. Moreover, this method is the quickest of all the methods. Most of the users have resolved the issue after restarting the device.
First, power off the device and restart it after few minutes. Do this, 2 to 3 times, and check whether the issue got resolved or not. If the error is still not resolved, move ahead to other methods.
Solution 2: Restart the Device in the Safe Mode
There’s a very useful option known as Safe Mode in Android devices. This option allows restarting the tablet or phone with only the required apps. This option is very helpful if you want to troubleshoot your device.
This safe mode will help you in determining which app is not letting the camera work. However, if you don’t know how to restart my mobile in the safe mode, then follow the following steps:
- Hold the power button until the screen shows the shutdown option.
- Tap and hold the power off option for a few seconds.
- After that, a notification pop-up displays on the screen, confirm that to restart the device in the safe mode.
- After starting your mobile phone in safe mode, access the camera app.
- After going to the camera app, try to take some pictures. If the camera allowing you to take pictures, close the app.
- After that, open the camera again, and do the same to check if it still works or not.
- If the camera is again allowing you to take pictures, this means that the error is occurring because of the third-party apps.
- Restart the phone again, and find the third-party apps. After finding the apps, simply uninstall the error.
Hopefully, now the error will get resolved. If still the same error is showing, you don’t have to worry about it. Move ahead to our next method.
Solution 3: Remove all apps that have access to the camera
In our devices, we have given access to the installed apps. This error may occur because of this access. Therefore, you should uninstall the apps that you have given access to the camera. By doing so, you may resolve the issue and your camera might start working.
Solution 4: Delete the cache data of the camera app
Deleting the cache data of the camera app may help you in resolving the error. However, it is quite easy to delete cache data. For doing so, follow the following steps:
- First of all go o the mobile phone setting.
- After that, look for Apps or Apps & notifications and open it
- Search for the camera app and open it up.
- After that, tap on the storage section.
- Here you will see a clear cache and clear data. Clear both of them.
- After clearing the data and cache, go to the camera again and try to take pictures again.
Hopefully, the camera is capturing pictures now. If still the same error is showing, move ahead to our next solution.
Solution 5: Forcefully stop the camera app
This method has worked perfectly for many users that were facing the “Can’t Connect to the Camera” error. Hopefully, this method will work for you.
Here are the steps that you should follow to force stop the camera app:
- First, go to the settings, then go to the camera.
- Here you will see an option written as “Force stop”, just under the camera section.
- Tap on the force stop.
- After that, open the camera app again and check whether the issue got resolved or not.
Hopefully, the camera will start capturing pictures. However, if still getting the same error, try our next solution.
Solution 6: Use a Third-Party Camera App
The error “Can’t Connect to the Camera” may get resolved after installing the third-party camera app. There are many camera apps like Candy camera, B612, etc. available in the play store. Simply, go to the play store and install any camera app. Keep in mind that don’t download any camera app from google.
However, download the app from the play store that has the most positive rating or reviews. After downloading, open that installed camera and check whether the camera is allowing you to capture photos or not.
If the third-party camera app is still not capturing photos, try the next solution
Solution 7: Clear the Cache Partition
If you are facing the error after updating the phone, then this error may occur because of the update. Clearing the cache partition may help you in resolving the error. In simple words, clearing the cache partition means removing the update of the phone.
For clearing the cache partition, here are the steps to follow:
- First of all, power off the mobile phone.
- Hold the Power button and Volume Up button together for some time.
- After that, choose the Recovery Mode option from the menu.
- However, on some mobile phones, you will see the Boot Mode. Therefore, choose this option, and after that choose the Recovery Mode.
- Now, on the Recovery Mode, look for a Wipe cache partition.
- Select the Wipe cache partition, and wait for a minute.
- After one or two minutes you will see the cache wipe complete message.
- After following the above steps successfully, restart your device again. After restarting, go to the camera again and check if it is capturing pictures again or not.
If still the same error is showing again, move ahead to our next solution.
Solution 8: Reset the App Preferences
Sometimes resetting the app preference also resolves the error. For doing so, here are the steps to follow:
- First, go to your mobile phone Settings.
- After that, look for apps and open the apps option.
- After going to apps, click on the upper top and select all apps.
- Next, look for Reset App Preferences. It can be at the bottom of the screen on some phones and can be at the top right corner on some phones.
- Next, click on the Reset App Preferences, and after that click Reset.
- After resetting, restart the mobile phone again, and check whether the error is fixed or not. If not, try another solution.
Solution 9: Factory reset
If the above methods didn’t work, this is the last option you can follow. Factory reset will delete all the data present on your mobile phone and will make your mobile like a new one. If you have important data in your phone, try to back up that before resetting the phone.
There are two methods to reset your device.
First Method: Recovery Mode option
Follow the following steps to reset the device using the Recovery mode option:
- First of all, power off the device.
- After that, press the Power button and Volume Up button together for some time.
- After that, choose the Recovery Mode option from the menu.
- Now, on the Recovery Mode, look for a Wipe data/ factory reset option. Select the volume button to navigate through options and select the Wipe data/ factory reset option by pressing the power button
- After that, select “Yes — delete all user data”.
- Wait for some time. Now, turn off the device and restart it again.
Second Method: Using System Settings
Follow the following steps to reset the device using the System Settings:
- First, go to the settings of the mobile phone.
- After that, look for the Backup & Reset option.
- Here you will see the Factory data reset option.
- Simply click on it. If there’s any security code, enter that and wait for some time.
- It will directly reset your device within some minutes.
If you are unable to connect to the camera, hopefully, after this method you will be able to use the camera again.
I have provided many options in the article. Hopefully, any of the above methods will work and help you in resolving the error. If no method works, then the problem may be in your mobile phone’s hardware or software.
In that case, you should go to the closest service center of your mobile phone brand and tell them about the error which you are facing. Hopefully, they will help you in resolving the error “Can’t Connect to the Camera”.