Nowadays, a lot of people right now are using Samsung Galaxy S8 to upload their videos or photos to popular social media networks such as Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.
Most people have a few photos they’re willing to share with others, while the rest are destined to remain in a private collection to shield the privacy of you and your family. Hiding pictures on your Samsung Galaxy S8 can be done in several different ways.
In today’s article, however, we’re going to introduce you to the Private Mode which helps to secure your privacy. It’s important to note the Galaxy S8 has a Private Mode called Secure Folder, so we’ll use these words interchangeably
Hiding Photos Without An App:
There are two ways to hide photos and videos on your Samsung Galaxy S8 that will prevent you from downloading third-party applications that may use the internal memory of your smartphone and that can slow down your Samsung Galaxy S8.
Method 1: Secure Folder:
The Secure Folder makes it easy to hide photos that are not discovered so quickly. To do this, open the Secure Folder app on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and run the setup wizard. After that, you can move photos and videos into the gallery app within the secure folder. Please proceed as follows:
Open the gallery app on the Samsung Galaxy S8.
- View the photo you want to move and then tap the three dots icon in the top right corner.
- Now select “Move to Secure Folder”
- Change the name of the folder by entering a “.” before the name. This will result in the folder and everything in it being invisible from your photo and video viewing application.
- Example “.Pictures “
- The photos or videos can now only be displayed on that folder on the Samsung Galaxy S8. It is thus hidden in this.
If you want to hide the secure folder even better, then please proceed as follows.
Method 2: Create a No media file:
Subsequently, this folder is made invisible by inserting a file “No media”. Folders containing No media files will not be included by the Android Media Scanner, so images will not be displayed in the Gallery.
Here is the procedure:
- Launch the file management application on your Samsung Galaxy S8.
- Open the “My Documents” app and then the subfolder where you want to create the new secret folder.
- At the top right, tap on “More” and then “Create folder”.
- Now shifts all pictures in this folder, which should now be hidden.
- Create a file in this directory that you will call » . media“. Attention the point must imperatively be before the name of the file.
After you’ve created the file, the folder and the photos and videos it contains will no longer appear in the gallery of your Samsung Galaxy S8. Of course, the image folder can still be found via the data manager + or my files explorer.
To Sum Up:
Learning how to hide pictures on galaxy s8 is really that easy. The nice thing is you won’t need to download any fancy apps in order to make this happen since it can all be done from the features within your phone.
I hope this article helped you out to secure your pictures.